Simply Fitness, Southern Highlands

Simply Fitness

lean person stretching

5 Secrets Naturally Lean People Know

Do you ever look at someone and wonder how they naturally seem to stay so lean? It might appear as though they eat anything they want, but yet, they never seem to gain an ounce.

What’s going on here? How is it that these people are able to eat to their heart’s content while you must struggle along on some ultra-low calorie diet, hardly seeing any results at all?

Let’s have a look at five secrets that naturally lean people know that helps them keep the fat off. If you start incorporating these into your overall approach, you too can find that you don’t struggle with the fat loss process nearly as much as you used to.

They Lead An Active Lifestyle
The very first secret that naturally lean people know is that it’s their total calorie expenditure at the end of the day that matters, not necessarily whether they’ve slaved away in the gym for hours at a time.

Naturally lean people tend to be more active on an everyday basis, worrying less about putting in their ‘time’ at the gym and more on just getting up and getting moving.

It’s this higher activity level that will really bring about the absolute best results, so that’s what they focus on. They don’t obsess over exercise but instead, just get active.

They Don’t Restrict
The second secret that naturally lean people know is not to restrict too severely. Any time you’re really restricting your calories, it’s only normal that your body is going to crave what it isn’t getting.

As such, they make room for their favourite treats. They know that diet is 90/10. If they eat well 90% of the time, they can have freedom to enjoy their food the remaining 10% of the time.

They don’t go to extremes and have an easier time sticking to their diet because of it.

They Strength Train
Third, those who are naturally lean always include strength training in their program plan. They know that strength training is the primary way to help build up lean muscle mass, which will allow you to burn fat at rest.

The more muscle they build, the more fat resistant they become. Strength training is performed at least twice a week by these naturally lean individuals.

They Know Their Hunger Signals
Finally, last but not least, those who are naturally lean know their hunger signals. They don’t eat past the point of being full and know very well when they are hungry and it’s time to refuel their body.

They often don’t even have to count calories because their body has just come to know when it’s time to eat.

This means they see far better progress without having to get obsessive about how things are going.

So there you have the secrets that the naturally lean people know. If you can make sure that you include these in your own approach, you can feel confident moving forward that you are going to become one of those people who never has to ‘battle’ with their weight again.

We would love to keep adding to our fitness family! If you are curious and want to see what we are all about please feel free to drop me a line and try out a class.